A special traditional sweet eaten during Lent.
It is advisable to roast the almonds, the Kwareżimal will keep much longer with roasted almonds.
- 225g pure ground almonds
- 225g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoonful cinnamon
- 170g gluten free flour
- Grated lemon peel
- Tablespoonful flower water (ilma żahar)
- Mix the ground almonds, sugar and cinnamon
- Add the orange flower water and grate lemon peel
- Add the flour
- Mix well into a dough adding a little water to bind
- Cut dough into pieces of 4 inches long and 2 inches wide, place a floured over tin and bake
- When done remove from over and sprinkle the tops with honey and pistachio nuts or slivers of almonds, let cool